Tecfluid DP Series
Target disk flow meter
Tecfluid DP Series
Available for all flow directions. Measuring range: 0,8 m3/h … 1600 m3/h H2O, 45 Nm3/h … 24000 Nm3/h air. Accuracy: DP65 model +-2,5% f.s. (+-1,6% f.s. on request). Connections: DP65 model DN40 … DN300 between flanges . Materials: Coated steel, EN 1.4404 (SS 316L). Housing: Aluminium, Available in SS 316L or PP on request. Local indication. Options: 1 or 2 adjustable switches (micro-switch or inductive sensor), Design for high pressure on request, Electronic transmitter with 4-20 analog output for safe or hazardous area (Ex ia IIC T4 or T6 protection, ATEX certified). HART ™ protocol on request, Local volume totalizer. Remote volume totalizer by means of pulse output (not available for Ex transmitters).
A target disk flowmeter is based on the indirect measurement of the force which is exerted on a disk suspended in the trajectory where a fluid flows at a certain speed. The disk is held by a shaft which is perpendicular to the fluid direction, so that the force applied by it affects the shaft rotation. At the same time, a spring attached to the shaft is opposed to its turn. When the force applied on the spring is equal to the force exerted by the fluid, an equilibrium point of the turn angle of the disk, which is equivalent to a flow rate, is achieved.
The flow reading is made by means of magnetic coupling with the housing indication system, thus avoiding fluid leakage to it.
- Water treatment & distribution
- Pharmaceutical, chemical and paper industry
- Heating and cooling circuits
- Swimming pools
- Fire protection systems
- Automotive industry (cutting oil, paint lines and refrigeration systems)
- Power plants and lubrication oil circuits
- DP65 mounting between flanges (wafer)
- DP500 mounting with flanged connection
- DP65 … DP500/Fe R body in plastic coated steel
- DP65 … DP500/Febody in steel
- DP65 … DP500/INOXbody in EN 1.4404 (AISI 316L)