Lined Butterfly Valve
Extensive field research and engineering have developed this state-of-the-art design which provides excellent shutoff protection (bubble-tight shutoff) and high Cv values. The Series 22/23 resilient seated butterfly valve is crafted in a variety of materials such as PTFE, PFA, Stainless Steel, UHMWPE and special alloys to fit a wide range of customer requirements. As with all Bray’s products, precision manufacturing and exceptional quality remain the keys to a proven record of long service life.
(Secondary Seal) This seal capsule fully isolates the valve body and stem from the line media. The Seal Capsule is made of a virgin PTFE enclosing the internal energizer. The capsule fits into grooves in the upper and lower disc hubs. When compressed between the disc and seat during assembly, the capsule becomes energized, exerting both upward and downward pressure on disc and seat surfaces.
(Bidirectional): Reinforced PTFE gaskets are placed between the body halves. These seals eliminate contamination from external environmental conditions and potential leak path from the line media.
- Tapped Port can be provided in the body neck below the stem seal to connect leak detectors or instrumentation.
- Grounding Cable is offered to protect against static charge build-up. The cable mounts to the valve body.
- Size Range: 2″ – 24″ (50mm – 600mm)
- Body Style: Wafer, Lug
- Temperature Range: 0°F to 392°F (-18°C to 200°C)
- Pressure Ratings: Bidirectional Bubble-tight Shutoff: to 150 psi (10.3 Bar)
Body (CWP): 150 psi (10.3 Bar)
- Body Materials: Ductile Iron, Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel
- Disc/Stem Materials: Stainless Steel, PTFE/SS, PFA/SS, UHMWPE/SS, UHMWPE/DI, Hastelloy®*, Titanium
- Seat Materials: PTFE, Conductive PTFE, UHMWPE
- Applications: Highly Corrosive, Toxic Media